Warm breeze combing through your hair, the sun kissing your skin and the radio blaring your favorite song…. Sound familiar? Yes, that is the unforgettable memory of a successful road trip; why not guarantee that your next one will be even better.
Here are some tips to make your trip organized and easy, without any National Lampoon moments.
5 Safety Tips
- Have your car checked out before departure day.
- Have your cell phone charged and handy at all times.
- Don’t advertise your travels- Leaving your maps out, in your car, while in the gas station may be grabbing the attention of an unwanted visitor who has their eye on your luggage and valuables.
- When making your itinerary, make a copy for a friend and family member- If your copy happens to fly out the window, you can call for easy directions.
- Know what weather to expect- check here
- Keep a small container of snacks/drinks under or behind the passenger seat- Instead of having to pull over at an inconvenient time for a fast-food burger, plan ahead and buy all your kid’s healthy favorites.
- New toys and coloring pages- Before you leave buy 2 or 3 little toys to give to your kids throughout the long journey. Also, print out some fun coloring pages from nickjr.com or pbskids.com; it will keep them busy and you sane.
- Charge and set up your oh-so handy portable dvd player- The kids will love you for it!
Clean and Organized car
- Pack an emergency kit- including a small toolbox, jumper cables, emergency flares, a flashlight, an aerosol flat-fixer, and a first-aid kit. Put this in your car last, in an emergency you will know exactly where it is.
- Have a car organizer– This is the perfect way to stay simplified and with this you are given a limit as to how much you can take with you.( You won’t be over packing to fulfill the worry-wart in you.)
- Fill your gas tank at the cheapest price- GasPriceWatch.com
Have an awsome road trip and don’t forget to bring your laptop so you can get your daily dose of Grace Brooke at GraceBrooke.com!
What’s your favorite roadtrip tip?