Having a huge makeup collection is great, except for the fact that it can overrun the space in your bathroom drawers. Here are some tips to help you organize your collection.
1. Purge: Makeup doesn’t last forever. Mascara and lipsticks especially can be a breeding ground for bacteria. You should replace your mascara every couple months. If you haven’t used something in the past 6 months – year, toss it. Or, after you’ve sanitized it, give it to a friend.
2. Sort: Figure out what you have and develop categories. For example: eyes, lips, face. The larger the collection, the more categories you’ll need. Be specific so that you can find what you are looking for, but not so specific that it won’t be manageable to keep up with.
3. Brushes: Go through your brushes and toss the ones that are a mess. Clean the ones that you decide to keep. Wash with warm water and baby shampoo.
4. Organize: Keep in containers and label. The Container Store has great looking clear, acrylic containers that are perfect for storing makeup.
5. Go through frequently: Don’t wait until you can’t find something to go through and reorganize your collection again. Keep your makeup neat and organized by putting the items back in their assigned homes after each use or on a weekly basis. Your mornings will flow much smoother.
Here are a few images to get you inspired to organize your makeup!